Pastor of Worship and Arts
Responsible for bridging people and Jesus through facilitation of worship and the development of worship oriented and creative gifts for the local Bridge body and its ministries.
- Oversee worship and worship services of The Bridge, including communion, baptism, and prayer
- Align worship with the Bridge’s mission, vision, values, and coordinate with weekly message
- Lead and shepherd Sunday worship arts teams and rehearsals (tech/AV, production, music, communion)
- Develop musicians, leaders, and artists; guide overall worship of The Bridge (students, kids, other)
- Guide and integrate the creative arts into the life and worship of The Bridge
- Plan and develop worship projects around Easter, Advent, camps, and holidays
- Oversee and direct worship arts budget
- Oversee digital message production (podcast, online sermons)
- Oversee web presence
- Oversee auditorium including equipment maintenance and purchase; advise other ministries on the same
Additional Responsibilities and Requirements
- Attend pastoral, staff, and all-hands meetings as required
- Perform communions, baptisms, weddings, and on-call duties as needed
- Support and attend all-church and all-staff activities
- Assist the Lead Pastor as directed
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by Administrative Pastor
- 25 Hours – Sunday corporate worship preparation and facilitation
- 5 Hours – develop and lead assistant worship leaders (students, kids, other)
- 5 Hours – creative projects, web and digital production oversight
- 5 Hours – recruiting, training, leader development
- 5 Hours – planning, meeting with staff, pastoral duties
Work with: Church Wide Leadership
Oversee: Music and Tech Team, Assistant Worship Leaders, Project Coordinators, Creative Team
Report to: Lead Pastor
The Worship and Arts Pastor brings together a mind for both creativity and organization, and a heart for both worship and people. Bridge worship is modern, authentic, and diverse. This pastor should take the initiative in facilitating worship and integrating the arts into the life of The Bridge, and should diligently recruit and develop the gifting of others. This team player can work across diverse backgrounds and build teams who exemplify the core purposes of The Bridge: Trusting Jesus, Teaching the Bible, Serving the Body, Loving People and Reproducing.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Member of The Bridge and complete alignment with the Bridge’s mission, vision and doctrinal statement.
- Solid Biblical and theological training. Masters degree in Worship Ministry, Divinity, or Theology preferred.
- Experience in worship leadership and facilitation.
- Musical gift and ability to unify and lead musicians.
For more information, contact email@example.com with a copy of your resume.
LEGAL THINGS THAT FEEL AWKWARD BUT ARE IMPORTANT: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. During the course of employment, employee is free to resign from The Bridge at any time for any reason. The Bridge Church is a religious organization and reserves the right to hire on the basis of religion, and has the right to terminate employment at any time, with or without advance notice and with or without cause. This is described as employment at will.